Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. When is your next big deadline? What's it for?
My next deadline is at the end of June, when the school year wraps up. Our homeschooling paperwork is due then and I still have to give the standardized tests as well as put the rest of it together.
2. May is National Barbecue Month. Do you prefer cooking indoors or out? What's the best thing about a barbecue? What's the last thing you cooked on an outdoor grill?
I prefer cooking outdoors. The best thing about barbecuing in the warm months is that the house doesn’t heat up from the oven. Our barbecue stays out all year long. I’ve used it in the winter and been out there with an umbrella while it’s raining. It’s been a while but I’d guess it was steak or hamburgers, two of my favorites.
3. What is one thing on your "never again" list?
Ha! When we were on vacation in Virginia Beach I thought it would be fun to rent one of those four person bikes. Never again! It was so hard to peddle. I couldn’t wait to return it. I guess the people I’ve seen riding one are super fit or ours was defective.
4. What's something that annoys you about people your own age? Something you love about your generation?
It annoys me when people my age dress like they are still teenagers. I love that overall my generation made some cool fashion statements and knows good music.
5. Lilac, iris, hyacinth, pansy...your favorite purple flower?
I’d say lilacs are my favorite, although I usually smell them before I see them.
6. Whats a song that always calms you down?
“Carolina In My Mind” by James Taylor. It reminds me of driving down South on vacation and James Taylor’s voice is so soothing. Joyce, have you listened to it lately? J
7. What's the last thing you donated?
Last Saturday we donated tons of stuff leftover from our yard sale. There were clothes, handbags, bedding, toys, games, VCR tapes and more.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I missed the Hodgepodge last week. I was so busy getting ready for our yard sale, I had to keep moving. I hope you all had a Happy Mother’s Day!