Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Share a favorite memory/moment from the week of Christmas.
Sitting around the table for Christmas dinner with my family. I love when everyone is together and we have to scrunch in so everyone can fit. One of the best things about celebrating Christmas is being with the ones you love.
2. If someone wrote a book about your life based on the past year, what genre would it fall under? What would the title be?
Adventure. "To Move or Not To Move".
3. What made you feel patriotic this year?
I always feel patriotic when "Our Country 'Tis of Thee" or "America, the Beautiful" is sung. We sing a patriotic song at our homeschool group each week. I often get choked up or teary eyed while singing and thinking about the lyrics.
4. What experience from this past year would you like to do all over again?
Well, I hate to even think about it....but I said some things I shouldn't have and the phone never hung up. I was overwhelmed and it was someone trying to set up an appointment and that was the last thing I had time for. We were in the car and I picked up the cell phone and was sorry I answered instead of letting it go to voicemail. I thought I hung up and then started ranting and raving to my husband for a few minutes. I looked down and saw the phone never disconnected the call. I was sick about it. And still feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. If I had to do all over again, I'd let the call go to voicemail and call back at a time when I was better able to communicate clearly.
5. What song lyric sums up or is a reflection of your 2015?
"Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me"!
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 2015? (10=stellar) Why?
I want to say 10 because I don't want to be ungrateful for the many blessings we take for granted every day. We have food, clothing, and shelter and with these we are to be content. We live in a country where we are free to worship (at least for the time being). I have family and friends that I love and that love me. His mercies are new every morning. I'm going with a 10.
7. What part of the upcoming year are you most excited about?
Getting back to exercising and eating well. I feel so much better when I do. I know it will be a struggle to get started and I will likely not feel well for the first week or so, but I have to remind myself how good it feels after that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.