Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Did you watch The Charlie Brown Christmas special Monday night? Who's your favorite Peanuts character and why?
No, I didn't, but I would have recorded it on the DVR if I knew it was going to be on. My favorite character is Charlie Brown just because.
Would you agree?
Yes, I would. A pumpkin patch is part of nature and there is something about being out in nature that helps to clear your mind. Remembering God's creation and just how awesome it is puts things back into perspective.
2. Describe a sound from your childhood. What does this sound bring to mind?
The 6:00 whistle. Every night at 6:00 the fire sirens would go off letting everyone know what time it was. As kids if we were still out playing we would usually break up and run home for dinner.
3. You've won a trip to a winter wonderland...would that excite you? Which one of the following would you most want to experience (or which one would you dislike the least)-see the Aurora Borealis in Norway, stay in Sweden's Ice Hotel, go dogsledding in Lapland Finland, take a winter wildlife safari in Yellowstone or celebrate Winter Carnival in Quebec?
Yes, that would because I love winter. I would probably take a winter wildlife safari in Yellowstone because I've never been there and there is so much to see right here in the good old USA.
4. Who or what keeps you humble?
God's Word. I try to remember not to think too highly of myself and the verse about let those who stand take heed lest they fall.
5. What part of preparing for Christmas do you like the most? Explain.
I like baking the most. It gets everyone excited for Christmas and I love how much everyone enjoys something that I have baked.
6. Gingerbread-yay or nay? Is making a gingerbread house part of your family holiday tradition?
Nay. I don't like gingerbread although we usually buy kits from Trader Joes so the kids can make a house, because it is fun to do.
7. What's one thing you want to start, do, or complete before the calendar rolls into a new year?
List a bunch of coats and boots on Ebay. I keep putting it off but really would like to get that done.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I keep missing the Hodgepodge each Wednesday but this week I remembered while it is still Wednesday. The weeks seem to fly by.