Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
No, I can't think of a specific story that is told every year.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
Not usually. If it isn't asked for and the topic isn't important I will try to keep quiet. If it is an important matter I usually share my opinion, even if I'm not asked.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
I like the name serenity for a color and it sounds nice. I don't think I have anything in those colors in my home, although my bathroom paint color may be close. We haven't painted yet so I can't say for sure ;) I try to stay away from pastel type colors in my wardrobe unless it is an accent color and mixed with white, black or gray. I have a shirt that my sister lent me that is close to serenity but I usually only wear it when I'm home since I don't think it does anything for my face. I will not go out of my way to add those colors in the new year.
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
"It Came upon the Midnight Clear"
"It came upon the midnight clear,
that glorious song of old,
from angels bending near the earth
to touch their harps of gold:
"Peace on the earth, good will to men,
from heaven's all-gracious King."
The world in solemn stillness lay,
to hear the angels sing."
It sounds so peaceful, with the angels and their harps and the word in solemn stillness. And the birth of Jesus, Lord and Savior, Prince of Peace.
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
Now that I know, yes I will celebrate. We have a wonderful bakery here in our town. One of the best things about NY is the bakeries. I was shocked to find out that some states do not have bakeries (or delis). The last thing I purchased was bread. They have the best Italian bread and Rye bread (no seeds, please).
If I could eat it I would choose a Napolean from the bakery. On special occasions someone usually brings an assortment of Italian pastries from the bakery. Since I avoid eggs I try to make my own desserts for special occasions, but never tried to make my own Napoleans. We do make cream puffs though.
6. When it comes to holiday decorating_____________________________.
I'm almost finished. Yesterday we decorated inside and outside. We just have to put the ornaments on the tree and I have a few finishing touches to add.
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
It was a few months ago. I don't even remember what it was about but I started laughing with the kids and could not stop. They were hysterical watching my laugh and that just made me laugh harder. My stomach was hurting from laughing and my abs were sore afterwards (I know that is pathetic!).
8. Insert your own random thought here.