Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?
I didn't do anything special. Since it was a Monday we homeschooled during the day. I went to the chiropractor and then to Lowes with my husband.
2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
My faith. I may not realize it every day but when I look back I can see how my faith has grown over the years. I believe it is through day to day living that our faith grows. We learn to fret less and trust more.
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
I am not much into movies. I don't go to movie theaters so if there is something I'd like to see I usually wait for it to come out on DVD. I didn't watch The Oscars since I wouldn't know what was going on. I haven't seen any of the Best Picture nominees.
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.
1- Pick up after yourself. Keep your space neat and clean.
2- Be considerate. Don't sit and not offer to help when meals are being prepared or cleaned up.
3- Be sure to say thank you or show your gratitude some other way.
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
I will not go out of my way to celebrate. I'd prefer an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of chocolate milk.
6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?
I think failure is important because it teaches us to not give up. Also it is a reminder that we are not perfect and there is only One who is.
7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
Parents' Night at our homeschool group. This time this kids will be putting on a play about a spy ring that took place during The Revolutionary War. They also share the scriptures and character traits they have memorized along with the songs they have learned and a few of them will share a special talent.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday felt like Spring, today the wind is howling and we are watching a snow storm for Friday. I took my Easter decorations out of storage but they are still in their totes in a corner of my dining room. Have you started decorating for Easter or Spring yet?