Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What do you think about luck?
I do not believe in luck. I do believe in God's favor towards people or particular situations. Luck is defined in Webster's dictionary as "a purposeless, unpredictable and uncontrollable force that shapes events favourably or unfavourably for an individual, group or cause". I don't believe in a "force" that does those things, I believe in God who controls all things.
2. Not counting your own backyard, what's a favorite green space in your town, city, or state?
My town has lots of green space. We are on the Long Island Sound so there are lots of beaches. There is also a river with a big park, bike trails, boat ramps and more. My favorite green space is the wooded area at one of those beaches.
3. How do you make your life more complex than it needs to be?
Oh, let me count the ways! I think I tend to overthink things and that makes simple things complex.
I also have a tendency to add things for me to do when I am already busy or tired. Instead of keeping it simple I complicate it. For example, if I need to make a dessert to take somewhere I will pick something that takes a lot of time instead of whipping up something simple that doesn't take a lot of time. I'm working on it though.
4. I read here the three places you should visit with friends. They are-New York City, Hawaii, and Amsterdam (rent a bike, walk along the canal, visit one of their world class museums). I felt the need to expound on that one. Moving on...Of the three places listed which would you most like to visit with friends? What's one place not on the list you think should be visited with friends?
I'd pick Hawaii because being at the beach with friends is a must. I've been to NYC with friends several times, especially when I was young and adventurous ;) One place that I think should be visited with friends is Long Island, of course! Because of its beautiful beaches.
5. What's the last live performance you saw? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) how would you rate it?
I can't remember anything recently, but when I was dating my husband we went to NYC to see an off Broadway play based on the apostle John. I'd say it was a 10.
6. March 14th is National Potato Chip Day. Are you a fan? Your favorite flavor? Besides potato, what's your favorite chip type of snack?
Yes, I'm a fan. My favorite flavor is BBQ, especially Trader Joe's Hawaiian style Hickory Barbeque Chips.
7.What rule is most important in your home?
While there are many practical rules (no shoes in the bedrooms, replace the toilet paper or paper towels when you finish it, etc.), I'd say it is to be loving and respectful towards others. If that rule is followed then all the practical ones will be too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy St. Paddy's Day!
Wish I could send you all a piece of Irish Soda Bread to celebrate :)