Visit Joyce and join the fun!
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)
I'd say a 5. It is a nice, relaxing summer so far. Haven't done much except keep to a slower pace and a more relaxed schedule.
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).
Growing up I had one aunt on my dad's side and one aunt and one uncle on my mom's side. I am very close to my Aunt Carol. She was always so good to us growing up and now that I am an adult is one of my best friends. I am an aunt to two nephews and one niece and many more on my husband's side of the family. I have many good memories of times spent with my Aunt Carol growing up. She would take us for sleepovers, drives to the beach at night to see the rabbits and deer on the side of the road, to work with her at the racetrack, and on vacations like when she took my sisters and I to Niagara Falls.
3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?
Strawberries dipped in chocolate are my favorite. I don't really have a favorite food that is dipped in cheese, so I'll say nachos, since that is all I can think of.
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.
Just today. I can't share details but my friend shared something that totally shocked me. I am still shocked!
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?
Ironing board, when I ironed our clothes for church over the weekend.
6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
There are so many, how do I choose just one? I would say the story of Saul being converted and having his name changed to Paul. It reminds me that Christ came to save sinners and I can relate to Paul when he said he was chief of sinners.
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
Savannah, Nashville, Boulder, Billings, San Francisco.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I forgot it was Wednesday and almost missed the Hodgepodge! Glad I remembered and joined in :)