Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?
Yes, when I see my children doing something that I do or saying something that I say I realize the effect of my influence. (I'm not sure I understood the question properly.)
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
Last week I used a tape measure to measure the cabinets for new handles. There is almost always one in our kitchen "junk" drawer although sometimes someone takes it out and doesn't return it. Then I ask my son for his ;) I was so proud of myself for changing the kitchen cabinet handles all my myself! Yesterday was my birthday and I feel blessed beyond measure to have my beautiful children, who are now a teen and a tween. They went out of their way to make my day special and took care of things so I could have the day "off". I also realize how fortunate I am to live in such a beautiful place surrounded by water. Being at or in the water is my favorite place.
3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?
Never Never Land because you can fly and there is not a care in the world there.
4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?
I don't know that there is a specific time or place or that I come up with that many "best" ideas.
5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?
I haven't been watching much TV so far, but do look forward to Hotel Hell with Gordon Ramsey.
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.
Don't swim for an hour after you eat, although I don't think my mom used to make us wait that long. I remember being at the beach, with ham sandwiches, iced tea, and plums all from a cold cooler, sitting under the umbrella and the smell of suntan lotion. Yes, suntan lotion, not sunscreen. Back in the 70s and 80s we didn't use sunscreen.
7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.
You can never figure out some people so don't waste your time trying.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Summer is finally in full swing here. The pool is up, the BBQ has been going, and we've been enjoying the lazy days of summer :)