Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)
I would love to say I welcomed the month of July by having our pool up, but we found lots of poison ivy in the backyard and are waiting for a professional to come remove it. So for now we are just sitting on the deck. We had a BBQ for dinner on the 4th and then went to watch fireworks.
2. Right now..what's your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?
Red thing- watermelon, white thing- a new drying rack for laundry, blue thing- the water at the beach.
3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag...which 'flag' have you flown most recently? Explain.
I'm trying to wave the white flag in terms of negotiating plans for when family visits from out of town and someone else is taking care of their itinerary ;)
4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-
a boat safari in Botswanna's Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya Mexico (it's whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Spain, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria
If time and money weren't factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why?
No, none of those places sound appealing to me right now. Austria might be fun because my mother-in-law's parents are from there, but I'm not up for long distance travel. If I went I'd look forward to a piece of apple strudel and a cup of coffee :)
5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese...your favorite from the cheesy treats listed?
Grilled cheese, with bacon and tomato please.
6. What makes you sweat?
Literally, almost anything. I sweat very easily and do not like the heat. Right now I have the wall unit air conditioner set at 64 :)
7. Your favorite movie with a 'patriotic' theme of some sort?
"Top Gun" with Tom Cruise.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The flag question has this song in my head. It's a good one.