Wednesday, February 29, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
Doing the routine stuff. I did exercise after my quiet time this morning :) Then there is homeschooling, laundry, and cooking.
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
I can't think of a specific instance that took a "leap of faith". Each day I practice having faith in God and His plans and that He is in control of all things.
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
I am not doing anything special for Lent. I do like the idea of handwriting a letter each day like Joyce is doing.
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
In September at our church picnic. There was a lovely fire pit going as things quieted down when the sun went down. I could sit in front of a fire for hours. Our last house had a fireplace and I loved it. I will have to work on getting a firepit for the backyard ;)
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
I would order the turf. Cooked medium please.
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?
Little House on The Prairie. It is one of the few shows we can watch as a family without the remote control in hand ready to switch channels. Don't you just love Caroline Ingalls? What a woman!
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
Hmm. A little bit of both. I remember a lot of things but it seems my short term memory is not so good. I need to write things down when I think of them and often walk into a room and forget what I wanted to do there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Does anyone have any good dairy and egg free recipes? I would love any. Thanks :)