Wednesday, June 13, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy?
I am too hard on myself. My type A and perfectionist ways are hard to live up to ;)
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature?
I have never been scuba diving. The closest I came to it was swimming with the dolphins in The Keys. I had to wear a mask with the tube and flippers. It was amazing! I would love to do that again although I have no desire to scuba dive. My favorite under the sea creatures are dolphins. Love, love them.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn?
I would say 9. I learned how to swim when I was a little girl. My Mom made sure we went to swimming lessons since she can't swim and didn't want us to fear the water. I can still swim but my endurance is not very good which is why I didn't give myself a 10 ;) Living on Long Island I think learning to swim is a must. We are surrounded by water and there are pools everywhere.
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
I tell myself that when I am finished I can sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and take a little break.
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor?
A good neighbor is kind and considerate. I like to think I am a good neighbor. We don't park in front of our neighbor's house, we keep our house as neat as we can, we don't blast music and help others with our snow blower.
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way?
Everyone, but my husband thinks there is a right way which is why he checks and rearranges it if needed before putting it on late at night.
7. You know it's summer when_________________________.
There aren't any lesson plans to be written before Monday. I know many people have started their summer but we are still in spring mode. Next week we will wrap school up and put the textbooks away for the summer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Not feeling too random today :)