Wednesday, June 27, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
I would have to say doing as I please without the government telling me what to do.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The Declaration of Independence
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
I like my hot dogs cooked on the BBQ and then served on a bun with both ketchup and mustard. If I am feeling adventurous then saurkraut too.
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
French fries. I was going to say ice cream but then I thought of the brain freeze that would cause. French fries seem like they would go down easily and fast.
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
Well it doesn't sound nice but I would have to say a dictatorship. Our children are still small and they don't make the rules ;)
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
The town pool. My sister, cousin and I would spend our days there. My mom would give us money to buy ice cream or a treat and I still remember the soda machine with Pepsi Light and Tab in it. Anyone else remember those lemony sodas?
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
No we don't have room for a guest room here. If I did have room and created one I would like to stay there :)
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
Yes, of course! Our plans include a BBQ at our friends' house followed by a great fireworks show.
8. Insert your own random thought here.