Wednesday, June 20, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
"Saturday in the Park" by Chicago. You can hear it here. Be prepared to start singing :)
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Corn on the cob. In a few weeks we should be able to get it local here. I like mine with lots of butter.
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
Molly Pitcher. What a servant's heart she had in bringing water to the soldiers during The Revolutionary War. I read that she took her husband's place at a canyon when he was shot and killed. Wow!
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
When I was 29 and getting married. My mom, sister and I lived together in the house where I grew up. My sister was married a couple of years before me and then when I was married I moved out and the house was sold.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
Saving time. I am a multi-tasker and don't like wasting time.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Sometimes it just takes someone else doing good to motivate others to do good.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
So far we don't have a vacation planned. For our staycation I would like to go to the beach, spend our days outdoors swimming and evenings spent toasting marshmallows and watching the kids catch lightning bugs.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy First Day of Summer! It is hot and humid here today- in the 90s!