Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Wednesday's Hodgepodge- No To The Moon For Me!
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?
At least daily. I check it on my computer or on The Weather Channel or our local news. If I don't like what one station says I will check all the others- LOL!
2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.
"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life." Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Agree or Disagree. Why?
Disagree. Marriage isn't a matter of chance, it is a matter of commitment. No matter how much each one knows about the other one there is always more to find out as they live together and grow old together. It isn't chance that determines whether their marriage will last, but rather a commitment to the vows they took, to each other and to God.
3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?
Yes, and yes. I took tap, ballet and jazz when I was a kid. I loved them all. I couldn't wait until I could go on toe (pointe) shoes. I finally was able to and then that year quit because I wanted more time to hang out with my friends. Of course I regretted that decision as soon as that phase wore out.
My husband and I took ballroom dancing lessons when we were engaged. It was a lot of fun. It was hard to follow his lead, which was good practice for marriage ;)
4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.
Since I am off of cow's milk I would have to say peach pie with frozen soy on top :)
5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?
It depends on the situation. If it is truly unfair and something that can be done about it then I believe they should try to change it. Especially when it involves others, kind of like an injustice. If someone is complaining simply because someone else has something they want then get over it and try to make the best of it!
6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?
I love Jaws although most of the movie is spent with me hiding my face. And then I have that tune in my head every time I see the water so probably not the best thing for me to watch. Out of all of them ET seems like the best choice.
7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?
No and no. Absolutely no way would I want to go into space. I don't like to fly so a spaceship is not any better to me. Then the whole gravity thing. I am dizzy to start so floating in air is not a feeling I would enjoy. Thank you to the brave astronauts who enjoy going there so we all can learn about it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wow, Joyce sure comes up with some thought provoking questions week after week. This week especially :)