Wednesday, July 18, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
I have been to London and once is enough for me. Tower Bridge is probably my favorite. A traditional pub for some fish and chips with malt vinegar would be in order too ;)
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
Organizing. It never seems to end and just when I think I am finished I start another project. I try to get rid of stuff but somehow it just makes more work for me.
3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook?
Sausage and peppers. I have to use the stovetop but at least not the oven. I boil the sausage to get some of the fat out and then grill them the rest of the way. I sautee the peppers and onions in some olive oil on the stove. It is especially good on fresh Italian bread.
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse'?
I can't think of a time ;) I am sure I do things to annoy people often but not bad enough to be in the doghouse. Although last Saturday was probably pretty close. I asked my husband to take me to pick up two desks that were for free off of Craig's List. It was a super hot day and he had other plans which didn't involve moving big, heavy desks ;) Thankfully he is not quick to anger and forgives easily :)
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it.
I think it is inappropriate for all of the presciption medicine commercials. I can't stand listening to them, especially when they start going through all of the side effects. I have to hit mute on the remote so I don't have to listen to it.
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
The last U.S. Ground Troops were withdrawn from Vietnam. I was obviously too young to remember but what a terrible time for our soldiers that was, no matter what your beliefs. I am thankful to all those who serve our country, no matter when or where.
7. What's the best part of your average day?
Dinner time. I love sitting together with my family and enjoying a meal together.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It looks like a lot of my answers this week involve food. I guess I am hungry- LOL!