Joyce's today. Visit her and join the fun!
1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
Apple picking. I love fall and one of the things we like to do is drive out east on The North Fork and go apple picking. The weather this week has been rainy so we will have to find a nice sunny day to go while there are still apples left on the trees.
2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.
No, I don't believe so. There are still many today who practice chivalry but sadly it seems they don't get too much attention. Our society would rather pay attention to the negative rather than the positive. Then there are those who don't want doors opened for them or their chair pulled out for them. They have the "I can do it myself" mindset. The Feminist Movement has had a lot to do with that, IMHO.
3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Schroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here.
Charlie Brown. I checked the descriptions and took an online quiz to confirm ;) Charlie Brown often says the things that I think but would never say aloud.
4. What's something you're competitive about?
Playing board games and cards. I don't like to lose and I have to remind myself that it is only a game. Still, I like to win.
5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?
Yes, I am a popcorn fan. I like to use our airpopper to make it and then drizzle it with melted butter. I don't like packaged popcorn unless it is Kettle Korn, which is the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
6. When did you first realize the world is small?
Well this may be a long story ;) When my husband and I were engaged my great aunt was very sick and was in the hospital dying. One night I was at my now husband's parents' house and talking to his mom. I happened to mention my aunt's name and her eyes almost popped out of her head. She started asking me questions like "Where did she grow up?" and "What are her siblings' names?" Once I answered she told me that she used to sit on the stoop with her sister and my aunt and her sister when they were teenagers. She remembers my mother being in a baby carriage while my aunt babysat her. Both my aunt and now mother-in-law were in their 70s when we found this out. We tried to arrange a meeting but my aunt passed away quickly. That is a small world!
It amazes me to think that before I was even born my family and my husband's family were crossing paths. And even more amazing is that God knew that one day I would marry my husband!
7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
Well being a New Yorker I would have to say my favorite is the Chrysler Building.
(picture from thecityreview.com)
I was browsing through my pictures and found this one. Aren't cinnamon rolls the perfect fall snack? I am going to have to make a batch.