Link up with Joyce and join the fun!
Yes, I do own a dictionary or two. The children have a couple on the shelf in the schoolroom too. I haven't used one for myself in a long time. If I need a definition I Google it.
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
Well since I don't celebrate Halloween I would say no. Also I still remember when I was in public school there was a fourth grade teacher who would dress up as a witch and go around to all the classrooms and barge in scaring the kids. One year I remember one of the kids being so scared they threw up in the sink.
As for the other holidays under fire....I don't know. Our country was founded as a Christian nation so I think public schools should acknowledge and celebrate those holidays.
When I taught in the public schools I always had Christmas decorations up and no one ever complained. If there were Jewish children in my class or I worked with a Jewish teacher then they shared about their holiday.
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
I would have to say "Lady and The Tramp".
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
Sometimes when I am alone in the car it is too quiet so I turn on the radio and open all the windows.
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
I don't think of myself as a neat cook but I do clean as I go. I think part of the reason why I do that is I have a small kitchen so I need the room. As an ingredient is used it gets returned to the pantry. I put used measuring cups and bowls in the sink to wash when I am all done. I like everything to be clean so when the food is done I can sit and enjoy it. Just last night I was baking oatmeal raisin cookies with my daughter and I found myself telling her to put something away before getting the next thing needed.
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
CRAZY! I am not adventurous anymore. As someone who deals with dizziness just the thought of skydiving makes my head spin and my stomach turn.
7. What's not a word but should be?
Gazillion. I used Google to help me with that one ;)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
These questions have me thinking that I should use my dictionary more ;)