Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
Making phone calls or organizing something.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
Sewing, or anything that involves spatial relationships. I would much rather have someone show me how to do something than to have to follow printed instructions with illustrations.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
We went on a few vacations but it wasn't something that was automatically planned each summer. The ones I remember are Hershey Park, Howe Caverns, upstate NY, and to visit my grandparents and aunt in Florida. Yes, I am the planner for any vacation we take as a family and yes they resemble the ones I took as a child.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
The ocean, then a pool. It is always cooler at the ocean and the water is so refreshing. I love the waves too. I don't mind floating around in a pool either ;)
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
Not that I can think of. I am sure I did quite a few cruel things when I was younger but I don't think I would have thought they were kind.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
I'd say six, although I have to admit I've never had liver, lima beans or okra that I can remember. I didn't count mayonnaise but it grosses me out unless it is mixed with something or spread thinly on bread. My husband can eat it off the spoon and it totally grosses me out! When I was a teenager I had to eat beets on a crazy diet I tried and I almost made myself sick trying.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
I'm going with "Flipper", a family favorite. Plus I love dolphins. I once swam with them in the Florida Keys, although it was nothing like the way Sandy swims with Flipper.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a great week!