Visit Joyce and join the fun!
I sent a postcard yesterday to our friend's daughter who is serving in teen missions this summer in Russia. I don't know the last time I received one, however I am expecting one very soon since my Mom is on vacation. I don't save postcards that are sent to me although that would be a nice thing to collect. I love to send postcards when I travel.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Ice cream and fast food restaurants that we don't have here, like Hardee's. Next time I travel down south I would like to try Chick-Fil-A.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
No. I may be good at it at first but before long my face or voice gives it away.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Yes, we still get phone books delivered to our home. I hardly ever use the yellow or white pages. We have free 411, directory assistance, so I usually call there when I need a number, or I do a search on my computer.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
I don't like going first so I'd have to say last.
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
I was in a town park last Friday. We were at the beach part and I did some swimming and riding waves :) We went there for my birthday and since the weather was cloudy/rainy it was like our own private beach.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
Just a few weeks ago I thought it would be a good idea to kick a soccer ball while barefoot. The kids were playing and I thought I would give them a little challenge. I had wedges on so kicked them off and started running on the grass. The ball came my way and I gave it a hard kick. I saw stars and it took just about everything in me to not cry. My foot bruised and swelled pretty quickly. I debated going to get it checked but since it was the weekend and I thought they wouldn't do anything since it is only a big toe, I didn't. It still hurts and kind of has a weird white spot on it (just in case there are any medical people reading this who may know what that means ;) that looks almost like a flat blister.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a great week and for anyone in a heat wave like we are, stay cool!