Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?
Yes, I guess I am. I am a very loyal person and protective of those I love.
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
Just two? Okay, snow falling and sledding. I love to watch the snow fall and how beautiful everything looks with snow all around. There is nothing like a day of sledding- bundling up and trudging through the snow to find the perfect spot. Then having hot cocoa, coffee or tea waiting to warm us up.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
I love pomegranate as a flavoring, like in seltzer water. I can't help but think of my favorite sweets made with guava although I haven't had one in years. Entenmann's makes Guava Cheese Puffs and they are delicious! One of my teaching assistants used to bring them in for us to have with coffee for a snack. They are difficult to find and it seems like only stores in certain neighborhoods carry them. Good thing because I am sure they are not good for you ;)
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
Hmmm....is that really true? Shouldn't we do the right thing before all else fails? Sounds like the right thing is an afterthought there.
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
I do not ski. I'd choose Austria since it looks so beautiful and is close to where many of my relatives are from. I'd go sledding, tubing or snowmobiling instead. I haven't gone snowmobiling yet but would love to. I'll take this one, thank you :)
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
A car. I keep searching to see what types of cars are available and how much they cost. Hoping to get a second car for us soon. I have something in mind just not sure if my husband will agree with me ;)
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
I'm drawing a blank on this one. I'm sure after I visit some hodgepodges today I'll come up with one though.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday was in the 50s and this morning we were scraping ice off our windshields. If it is going to be cold I prefer the snow :) Is anyone else excited to see Harry Connick Jr. on American Idol tonight?
I think along with Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez the show may be on its way back up.