Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. It's been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
Yes, I think it is true and an easy exercise most mornings.
"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations3:22-23
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
Yes, I'm in! I'll try to drag someone into singing with me though. That way my voice won't be the only one heard. Karaoke is a lot of fun.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
Our healthcare system. Need I say more?
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
My favorite is crossword puzzles. I was working on some Sunday night while I sipped tea under my warm covers.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
I say she is deceived. I'd like to share with her the poem by William Ross Wallace, "The hand that rocks the cradle shall rule the world.". If you haven't read it you can find it here. Yes, I think men and women are equal in the 21st century. Equal but different :)
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
I actually saw it online, but that counts, right? Colored carrots look interesting but I am a bit hesitant to try them. If Trader Joe's still has them I think I'll give them a try. They sound good roasted with a bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
I guess I'd have to say Alice since she is a little girl and who doesn't love little girls?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Is anyone else looking forward to the Superbowl for the food? I make a few things but my favorite is Buffalo Wings. I follow this recipe and use Frank's Hot Sauce. The only changes I make is to leave out the butter or coconut oil and toss the wings with hot sauce before doing the final bake. If you are looking for an alternative to traditionally fried wings these are delicious.