Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?
Sight- fireworks in the night sky on 4th of July
Sound- ocean waves crashing on the shore
Smell- a fire for toasting marshmellows
2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?
Lightning bugs. The kids were catching the first ones of the season last night.
3. What is something in the past week that reminded you of your childhood?
Visiting the neighborhood where I grew up yesterday. We drove past my best friend's old house and visited my sister and her family at the house I grew up in.
4. Define 'the good life'.
Knowing God and trusting His plan for your life. One day hearing "Well done, good and faithful servant".
5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/workspace.
I don't have a desk. I use my laptop as I sit on my couch in the living room. Right now you would see a mason jar of water, the cordless phone, and the Lands' End summer sale book that came in the mail today.
6. Peaches or watermelon? Yes, you have to choose.
Watermelon! One of the best tastes of summer. Has to be ice cold though.
7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but keep in mind this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated please.
No. End of story.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was reading "Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson this morning and something she wrote really struck a cord with me. "What He has called us to do He will give us the ability to complete" (Clarkson, page 76). Isn't that such an encouraging thought? Love it!