Wednesday, June 1, 2011
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. Have you ever been to the capital of the USA-Washington DC? If so what's your favorite site? If not, what site would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
No, but I drove through it several times. I would love to see the Cherry Blossom trees. It would be a nice educational field trip for the kids, but I have no real interest in going there.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single is summer the season of your dream wedding?
Hmmm...it has been a while. Probably about six years ago! No weddings on my summer calendar although my cousin is getting married in the fall. I wouldn't survive being a summer bride. I can't stand the heat. We were married Thanksgiving weekend here in NY and I still wore a cap sleeve dress.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
Yum, strawberries, with whipped cream of course. I sometimes make a whole wheat strawberry shortcake that is real good.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
Relaxing days with the kids. Swimming, going to the beach, Italian Ices, dinner in the backyard, fun summer days :)
5. Do you use/like the self scanner at the grocery store?
I have used it before when the lines were long and I was in a hurry. It can go smoothly or be a diaster. I try not to use it though. I am not for computers taking over real people for service.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandal-your first choice for summertime?
Barefoot for sure, but when I have to wear shoes it would be flip flops hands down. I wear them for as long as I can. When I have to be dressier I choose sandals. The only time I wear sneakers (we don't call them tennis shoes here in NY) is when I am exercising, which isn't that often! My kids tease me about my flip flops as you always know when I am coming. LOL.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We just replaced our BBQ on Monday with this one. I love it and am so happy I went with the red one. I usually stick with the basic silver and black.