Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. What's the last job you did that required elbow grease?
Scrubbing the tub. Usually my husband does that for me, but when I was cleaning the bathroom I just couldn't wait for him to do it. I wanted everything super clean at once ;)
2. March Madness, aka the men's Division I basketball championship, is nearing an end. What sort of 'madness' has your house seen this month?
The switching of clothes from winter to summer. I finished the children's clothes and a few days after putting away all their long sleeved shirts we had to take them out again.
3. What's your favorite shop for browsing?
A boutique that sells Vera Bradley. I love looking at all the new patterns and items that I would never buy like a designer notebook.
4. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
The only thing that comes to mind is giving up on trying to be in control of everything. When you have a Heavenly Father that is in control and knows what is best there is no reason to.
5. What's a song you love that contains the name of a city, state or country in its title?
New York, New York by Frank Sinatra (what New Yorker doesn't love that song?)
New York State of Mind by Billy Joel (fellow Long Islander)
Mexico by James Taylor ("I've never really been there...")
6. When did you first begin using a computer?
Probably in the early 90s. I remember switching from a word processor to a computer to do my homework. I know I had an email address on my first resume and that was all so new.
7. Did you buy girl scout cookies this year? What's your favorite?
Yes, only because my niece was selling them. My favorite is Samoas, if I had to pick one. I also like Tag-Alongs and Thin Mints, especially in the freezer. This year I don't think I can eat them because of my dairy and egg intolerance though :( I did hear Thin Mints are vegan though so will have to check out the ingredients. I am not vegan but it helps when finding foods that are egg and milk free.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thanks for another great Hodgepodge Joyce. These questions always get me a thinkin'!