Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
I have lots to give away as I am cleaning out my storage areas. Yes I will give away clothes, toys and baby items. I'm not sure if I will give anything away on July 15th, but I have been giving away things for the past few weeks and will be giving away more this week.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
My husband does most of the grocery shopping. Usually once a week with maybe a quick stop once or twice during the week. I make a list after looking through the circulars and coupons. For the most part, I plan what we will eat according to what is on sale.
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
I like to watch judge shows like Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, Judge Faith, etc. Some of the cases are so ridiculous but for some reason I find it all really interesting ;) Maybe because at one point I actually wanted to be a lawyer?
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
I would say really. I often use it as a question....really?
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
Really? Absolutely ridiculous. What will they think up next?
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
This is a really difficult question. I am almost embarrassed to admit it...but I haven't read a book that is literature in a long time. I had to use Google for help.
""Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love." by William Shakespeare in Hamlet
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is Amazon Prime Day. There should be some really great deals going on. I have my eye on a monogram necklace and I hope I can find a good deal. I love Amazon Prime and think it is well worth $99 a year.