Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
The one I struggle with most is facing my fears head on. That usually is not the first thing that comes to mind. Actually I'd prefer to avoid most of my fears (closed spaces, snakes, etc.). The one that comes most easily to me is to find the good in life. As crazy as the world seems there are still many good things in it for us to enjoy.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I would take the family out for ices or ice cream.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
The other day I tripped over my own two feet. I didn't fall but rather flew a few feet in front of me as I was walking. I think it may have been the throw rug but it seemed as if it was my own two feet!
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
I've always admired runners. I guess that skill could be used to raise money for a good cause.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? Yes. enjoyed an ice cream cone? Yes. seen a summer blockbuster? Yes. camped? No. eaten corn on the cob? No. gardened? No. deliberately unplugged? No. watched a ballgame? No. picked fruit off the vine? No. taken a road trip? No. read a book? No. Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
The only one I would like to do is eat corn on the cob. We used to eat it a lot but since hearing that most of the corn grown in the USA is GMO that has changed. I may try to find some fresh, organic corn on the cob before the end of the summer.
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
It is very simple....what will you do to help America get out of the mess it is in?
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
I don't think I have one. I like to scan the radio stations when I am in the car but I don't have any playlists that I listen to regularly. I am feeling so out of it when it comes to technology. How that happened, I do not know. I need a crash course.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
How about a question? I know many of you at the Hodgepodge are quite talented in decorating and interior design. Would you ever put a china cabinet and a server on the same wall, even if they would take up the entire length of the wall?