Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. When did you last 'swim against the tide'? Explain.
Last month when I spoke up and didn't agree with the rest of the group. It had a good outcome but I felt like I couldn't just 'swim with the tide'. I know that is vague but it wouldn't be appropriate to share details.
2. What's the last self-help or self-improvement book you read?
"as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,"
2 Peter 1:3
3. "Tolerance is a tremendous virtue, but the immediate neighbors of tolerance are apathy and weakness." (Sir James Goldsmith)
Agree or disagree? Discuss. With civility please, because I think we have a good thing going in our very diverse (in geography, age, religion, political persuasion, ethnicity, marital status, upbringing, and cooking abilities)neighborhood here on This Side of the Pond.
I agree. There is a way to be respectful and kind towards others without being tolerant of a particular behavior that you don't agree with. I'm interested to read everyone's answers on this one in the This Side of the Pond neighborhood.
4. What is one of your most vivid memories of the kitchen from your childhood?
Cleaning with my mother. I remember the kitchen being orange at one time, and green at another. I used to get down on the floor and lay on my stomach to clean and touch up the paint on the moldings. I didn't mind doing it and it was a nice way to spend time with my mother doing something she loves (cleaning).
5. How did/do your own children's summers compare with your summers as a child? If you're not a parent, answer as it relates to what you've observed about the current generation of children vs. your own childhood.
When I was a child there was a lot more freedom. We would roam the neighborhood, ride our bikes to the pool, take the bus to the shopping mall, walk to the movies, and basically be outside until the street lights came on. Well times have changed and I don't allow my children to do any of those things. Unless they are with me or another trustworthy adult they don't go anywhere. As they are getting older it is becoming difficult to figure out the delicate balance of responsibility and wisdom.
6. Tell us what body of water you would most like to be on or near today, and why?
The Atlantic Ocean. I'm an east coast girl and the ocean is my favorite body of water. There is nothing like the sound of waves crashing while my feet are in the sand and looking out at God's beautiful creation. It reminds me of how big God is and how small I am.
7. Share a favorite song about water, or a favorite song with the word water in it's title, or a favorite song to listen to as you sit beside the water.
"Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel.
I feel like my answers today are very random. Have a great rest of the week :)