Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Is your home air conditioned? If it's not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot-the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.
I can't say too much but general decision making for early Fall.
3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?
A root beer float.
4. When did you last feel like you were 'floating on air'?
I can't think of anything in particular. In general I'd say those times when you see prayer answered in ways beyond what you thought.
5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead...which have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Airmail. I was on the phone with my aunt who lives several states away yesterday and the post woman came to her door. I sent her a small package and didn't put enough postage on it. Instead of sending it back they just collected the remaining postage from her. That is unlike me but I've had a lot on my mind and I guess I acted like an airhead. Thankfully she knows me well enough that I wasn't embarrassed.
6. Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity...a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?
No, I haven't. I am sure they are beautiful in person but it is not on my must-see list. If I were there I would prefer a boat ride around one of the lakes. I love snow, but have no desire to ski.
7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered 'cool' when you were growing up?
"Gag me with a spoon". Yes, it was the 80s and Valley Girl talk was cool, even on Long Island.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It has been very hot and humid the past few days. Today is supposed to be less humid and oppressive and a nice summer day. I'll still need the A/C though ;)